We are seeking a Sales Consultant with extensive design or technology consulting sales experience. You will be finding, qualifying, researching, and closing consulting projects for a team of 5 software product managers, designers, and developers in Raleigh, NC. The ideal candidate has a passion for software, small/medium business growth, and customer success.
Vaporware is a 5-person, software consulting firm. We have been in business since 2013 and have offices in Raleigh and Irvine. We offer high-quality software product management, design, and development services for cloud-first web and mobile apps.
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 10 company holidays
- Unlimited sick (and mental health) time
- 401k retirement account with 4% company match
- 100% premium coverage for top-tier medical and dental insurance for employee and dependents
- Join a small team startup with large daily impact
- Competitive salary
- Continuing education encouraged quarterly
- Close $1M in deals both in new projects and extensions to existing relationships from projects.
- Ensure the work you sell will be fulfilling to our team and aligns with our values.
- Develop strong long-term relationships with clients and partners
- Optimize the team’s inbound and outbound sales processes through experimentation
- Proactively manage project extensions based on client needs
- Respond quickly to inbound requests for software product design and engineering help
- Assess needs and qualify fit for potential clients
- Identify key decision-makers. The point of contact at our client’s organization is typically a product manager, top executive, or startup founder.
- Learn quickly about our capabilities, services, software practices, and methodology
- Closing design or technology consulting deals in the $200K+ range
- A network of close contacts and the ability to leverage them into business opportunities
- Established relationships with C-level clients, business and technical buyers, and other project stakeholders
- Passion for software, customer success, continuous improvement, and quality
- Discipline, attention to detail, and motivation at the prospect of growing a software consultancy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of when and how to bring designers or developers into the sales process
- Understanding of how software product development projects and budgeting work
- Ability to redirect long feature wish lists into lean thinking
- You have previously founded, owned, or led a design agency or software engineering consultancy.
- You have been an entrepreneur, designer, or programmer, delivering production software products to end-users.