We're looking for T shaped people
We're looking for YOU, the passionate and pragmatic programmer of Web Application software. As a member of our small team, you'll be involved in every aspect of product development, from plan to production, collaborating directly with client stakeholders (C-level executives), product managers, designers, developers, operations, and support personnel. We are looking for a long term relationship with someone seeking full time work. This position requires on-site work in our Raleigh, NC office.
You have confidence and the experience to show it
You'll be specialized in Web Application development with a solid understanding of frontend ReactJS functional development. You have tried many front-end frameworks and know the tradeoffs of React (and the ecosystem), Ember, and Vue. You enjoy learning new foundations through Elm, TypeScript, ClojureScript or other new technologies. You care about your development toolkit and third-party service providers. Maybe you've even released a React Native project. Most importantly, you've shipped products and are looking for constant improvement.
Within 30 days, you will start
- Taking part in weekly sprints and daily standups on an existing client team
- Handling your own GTD-driven task list in Asana with requests coming from client meetings and Slack communication.
- Providing and receive constructive feedback on pull request code reviews and use our established Git flow
- Maintaining unit and feature test coverage across products to maintain high code quality
- Joining a project leader on a client project to learn how we communicate with clients
- Committing React code directly to client features designed by your peers
- Target 30% billable and 70% ramp up time
- Attending local community events to integrate into the wider Triangle development community
Within 60 days, you'll grow
- Transpose product requirements to technical designs
- Leadership communication and management responsibilities as a designated development leader on a client product
- Target 80% billable and 20% internal time to research and improve to non-client efforts
- Stay on top of the latest technology changes within client's tech stack
Within 90 days, you'll be comfortable
- Kicking off new products under the Vaporware lean design and development process
- Estimating development needs for new products or features
- Recommending product solutions to client problems
- Architecting scalable technology solutions
- Supporting existing maintenance clients on a proactive basis
- Speaking in Vaporware's name on social media, blogging, newsletter, or event outlets
- Strong grasp of React/Redux application design and development.
- Basic knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL) and ORM design
- Strong understanding of CRUD-driven REST APIs
- Familiarity with Git distributed version control
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Self-motivated and self-manageable, with a proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures
- Has worked as a consultant or with client relationships
- Has managed or led a software development team
- Has presented in communities or led events
- Has familiarity with React Native
- Has released and maintained Open Source software packages
It is Vaporware's policy to provide equal employment for all persons regardless of race, color, nationality, ancestry, religion, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, body, genetic information, marital status, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.